Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
Advanced 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Router
Our Price: $59.00
The EdgeRouter X delivers cost-effective routing performance in an ultra-compact form factor.
Ubiquiti Networks introduces the EdgeRouter X, part of the EdgeMAX platform. The EdgeRouter X combines carrier-class reliability with excellent price-to-performance value in an ultra-compact form factor.
Advanced Routing Technology for the Masses
Introducing the EdgeRouter from Ubiquiti Networks, part of the EdgeMAX platform. EdgeRouters combine carrier-class reliability with enterprise-level features in a compact and affordable unit. Available in a rackmountable form factor with eight functional ports, the EdgeRouter Pro and 8-Port EdgeRouter models are capable of routing up to 2 million+ packets per second. Powered by a proprietary and intuitive graphical interface, EdgeOS, EdgeRouters can easily be configured for routing, security, and management features required to efficiently run your network. For advanced network professionals, an integrated CLI is available for quick and direct access using familiar commands.
- (5) Gigabit RJ45 ports
- Passive PoE passthrough option*
- Power via 24V passive PoE or power adapter
- Ports configurable for line-rate, Layer-2 switching
- 130 kpps for 64-byte packets
- 1 Gbps for 1518-byte packets
Full-featured routing functionality for limitless applications.
Advanced User Interface
Next-generation user experience allows anyone to quickly become a routing expert.
Uptime performance equivalent to leading carrier and enterprise solutions.
Two models of the EdgeRouter X are available. The standard model, the ER-X, can be powered by an external power adapter or 24V passive PoE input. A passive PoE passthrough option1 is available to support a single airMAX device.
The SFP model, the ER-X-SFP, is powered by an external power adapter. The five Gigabit RJ45 ports support 24V passive PoE output for airMAX or UniFi devices, while its SFP port provides fiber connectivity to support backhaul applications.
Powered by a proprietary and intuitive graphical interface, EdgeOS, every EdgeRouter X can easily be configured for the routing, security, and management features required to efficiently run your network. For advanced network professionals, an integrated CLI is available for quick and direct access using familiar commands.
* Requires 24V passive PoE or a 12W minimum power adapter (not included).
Versatile PoE Capability
Powered by 24V passive PoE or a power adapter, the EdgeRouter X features a passive PoE passthrough option* to power an airMAX device.
The EdgeRouter X provides five independent, Gigabit RJ45 ports that are configurable for switching.
The EdgeRouter X delivers uptime performance equal to leading carrier or enterprise technology solutions.
EdgeOS - Advanced UI
The intuitive, graphical user interface is easy to learn and makes routing features simple to configure and monitor. It includes an integrated Command-Line Interface (CLI) for convenient access to advanced functions.
* Requires 24V passive PoE or a 12W minimum power adapter (not included).
Example of a CPE Deployment for the ER-X
Powered by 24V passive PoE, the ER-X provides data with 24V passive PoE to the NanoBeam and data to the UniFi Video Camera PRO, UniFi AP AC, and computer.
Example of a Backhaul Deployment for the ER-X-SFP
Powered by the included 24V power adapter, the ER-X-SFP has a fiber connection to the Internet and provides data with 24V passive PoE to the five Rocket ac radios.
Example of a Service Provider Deployment for the ER-X
Multiple ER-X devices connect the Internet and three OSPF areas of the service provider's network.
Ports/LED Zoom-In View
|EdgeRouter X Specification|
|Dimensions||110 x 75 x 22 mm (4.33 x 2.95 x 0.87")|
|Weight||175 g (6.17 oz)|
|Max. Power Consumption||5 W|
|Power Input||12VDC, 0.5A Power Adapter (Included) or 24V Passive PoE|
|Power Supply||External AC/DC Adapter|
|Supported Voltage Range||9 to 26VDC|
|LED||Power, Ethernet 0-4|
|Processor||Dual-Core 880 MHz, MIPS1004Kc|
|System Memory||256 MB DDR3 RAM|
|Code Storage||256 MB NAND|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|
|ESD/EMP Protection||Air: ± 24 kV, Contact: ± 24 kV|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to 45°C (14 to 113°F)|
|Operating Humidity||10 - 90% Non-Condensing|
|Data/PoE Input Port||(1) 10/100/1000 RJ45 Port|
|Data Ports||(3) 10/100/1000 RJ45 Ports|
|Data/PoE Passthrough Port||(1) 10/100/1000 RJ45 Port|
EdgeMAX Software Platform
EdgeOS provides an intuitive, easy-to-use graphical user interface that makes router features simple to configure and monitor. It even comes with an integrated command-line interface (CLI) right in the browser, allowing access to all the advanced functions of the router.
Packed with Features
- IPv4/v6 addressing, DHCP client and server, VLANs Static routes, OSPF, RIP, BGP
- Firewall (ACL-based and zone-based), NAT, QoS
- VPN: IPsec, L2TP, OpenVPN, PPTP client and server
- PPPoE client and server, bridging, bonding, GRE, VRRP
- Dynamic DNS, DNS forwarding, DHCP relay
Intuitive and Powerful Graphical User Interface
The Web-based graphical user interface in the EdgeOS is developed using the latest advanced Web technologies and provides powerful functionality with high efficiency. You can reorder firewall rules using drag-and-drop, monitor interface statistics in real time, and even open a command-line interface (CLI) right in the browser.
Broad Feature Set
The EdgeOS software includes all common routing features and more. You can create VLAN, bridging, bonding, and tunnel interfaces, use OSPF, RIP, and BGP routing protocols, apply ACL-based or zone-based firewall for security, and choose from IPsec, OpenVPN, L2TP, or PPTP for your VPN needs. All features are managed with a single unified configuration that can be accessed from both the Web GUI and the CLI.
The EdgeOS platform is not just a router operating system. It is also an open platform based on theDebian Linux distribution. You have complete system-level access including the whole filesystem hierarchy, real shell, root user, etc. Existing Debian packages can be installed on the system, and you can even build your own packages using standard tools.
Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
EdgeOS™ is a sophisticated operating system loaded with robust features, including:
- Static routes and support of routing protocols: OSPF, RIP, and BGP
- Firewall policies and NAT rules
- DHCP services
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Network administration and monitoring tools
- Comprehensive IPv6 support
- Choice of configuration methods: the graphical user interface to visualize the workings of your network or the Command Line Interface (CLI) to use advanced, command-driven configuration
Configuration by CLI
The CLI provides quick and flexible configuration by command line and features the following:
- For power users, configuration and monitoring of all advanced features
- Direct access to standard Linux tools and shell commands
- CLI access through the serial console port, SSH, Telnet, and the graphical user interface
IP in IP
|Addressing||Static IPv4/IPv6 Addressing
BGP (with IPv6 Support)
Application Identification with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
|VPN||IPSec Site-to-Site and Remote Access
OpenVPN Site-to-Site and Remote Access
PPTP Remote Access
L2TP Remote Access
Stochastic Fairness Queueing
Random Early Detection
Token Bucket Filter
Deficit Round Robin
Hierarchical Token Bucket
CLI (Console, SSH, Telnet)
UBNT Discovery Protocol
Protect your networks from the most brutal environments with Ubiquiti's industrialgrade shielded ethernet cable, TOUGHCable.
- Increase Performance - Dramatically improve your ethernet link states, speeds, and overall performance with Ubiquiti TOUGHCables.
- Extreme Weatherproof - TOUGHCables have been built to perform even in the harshest weather and environments.
- ESD Damage Protection - Protect your networks from devastating electrostatic discharge (ESD) attacks.
- Extended Cable Support - TOUGHCables have been developed to have increased power handling performance for extended cable run lengths.
Bulletproof your networks
TOUGHCable is currently available in two versions: PRO Shielding Protection and CARRIER Shielding Protection.
TOUGHCable PRO is a Category 5e, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable with an integrated ESD drain wire.
TOUGHCable CARRIER is a Category 6, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable that features an integrated ESD drain wire, anti-crosstalk divider, and secondary shielding. It is rated to provide optimal performance on Gigabit Ethernet networks.
- 24 AWG copper conductor pairs
- 26 AWG integrated ESD drain wire to prevent ESD attacks and damage
- PE outdoor-rated, weatherproof jacket
- Multi-layered shielding
- Available in lengths of 1000 ft (304.8 m)
Specifically designed for use with Ubiquiti TOUGHCable, TOUGHCable Connectors protect against ESD attacks and Ethernet hardware damage, while allowing rapid field deployment without soldering. The standard TOUGHCable Connectors are available in a box of 100, while the TC-GND versions include ground wires and are available in a box of 20.
|ESD attacks are the leading cause for device failures. The diagram below illustrates the areas vulnerable to ESD attacks in a network.||By using a grounded Ubiquiti Power over Ethernet (PoE) Adapter along with Ubiquiti TOUGHCable and TOUGHCable Connectors, you can effectively protect against ESD attacks.|
Download the Ubiquiti EdgeMAX EdgeRouter X Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.