Ubiquiti PicoStation M Series
Indoor/Outdoor airMAX BaseStation
This product is no longer available, replaced by Ubiquiti UniFi Access Point AC Mesh
PicoStation M is ideal for applications require long-range performance and a minimal installation footprint. It can be deployed either indoor or outdoor environments and can function either as an AP or airMAX Station.
The PicoStationM2-HP is one of the smallest outdoor 802.11g/n access points... and it's also one of the most powerful too! With up to 1,000 mW of output power, this omni-directional router can provide up to 8 million square feet of wireless coverage. It can connect to 802.11g/n devices or, for maximum range and speed, to compatible Airmax11n devices. Setup couldn't be easier: just plug a single network patch cable into the weather-proof enclosure. The included Power-over-Ethernet injector combines power and data on the same line. The PicoStation2M-HP includes hardware for wall or pole mounting.
- Includes powerful and intuitive AirOS software
- Open customizable Pico firmware
- 32MB SDRAM & 8MB flash memory
- 6dBi omni-directional antenna
Leading-Edge Industrial Design
Ubiquiti Networks™ set the bar for the world's smallest and most powerful Access Point (AP) with the original PicoStation™. The PicoStationM2HP takes the same concept to the future with integrated airMAX™ technology.
The PicoStationM2HP features speeds up to 100+ Mbps and range performance of up to 500 m. It can be deployed in indoor or outdoor environments, so the PicoStationM2HP is ideal for applications requiring medium-range performance and a minimal installation footprint.
The high performance, small form factor, and low cost of the PicoStationM2HP make it extremely versatile and economical to deploy.
In addition to the LSDK support, PicoStation ships with 32MB RAM and 8MB Flash to encourage developers to customize Pico Firmware to create their own applications such as Hot-Zone deployments, mesh networking, and metering applications.
Featuring Powerful AirOS Software and Linux SDK
PicoStation ships standard with the powerful and intuitive AirOS by Ubiquiti Networks. It also is supported by a Linux SDK to encourage open source development.
Utilize airMAX Technology
Unlike the standard WiFi protocol, Ubiquiti's Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This "time slot" method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes air time efficiency. It provides many magnitudes of performance improvements in latency, throughput, and scalability compared to all other outdoor systems in its class.
- Intelligent QoS - Priority is given to voice/video seamless streaming.
- Scalability - High capacity and scalability.
- Long Distance - Capable of high-speed, carrier-class links.
Up to 100 airMAX stations can be connected to an airMAX Sector; four airMAX
stations are shown to illustrate the general concept
Small Size, Versatile Application Use
The PicoStation™M can be deployed as an access point or station in applications requiring a minimal installation footprint.
The PicoStation™M delivers up to 100+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput.
Durability to Last Outdoors
The robust, weatherproof case withstands harsh outdoor conditions.
Advanced Software Technology
Ubiquiti’s airMAX technology is proven in millions of deployments worldwide, exhibiting outstanding performance in outdoor environments. The TDMA airMAX protocol enables unprecedented scalability, high throughput and low latency in unlicensed, multipoint networks.
The PicoStation™M provides 360° coverage at a range of up to 500 m – suitable for a medium-range deployment.
|PicoStation M2-HP Specification|
|Processor Specs||Atheros MIPS 24KC, 400MHz|
|Memory Information||32MB SDRAM, 8MB Flash|
|Networking Interface||(1) 10/100 Ethernet Port|
|Physical / Electrical / Environmental|
|Dimensions||13.6 cm. length x 2.0 cm. height x 3.9cm. width|
|Enclosure Characteristics||Outdoor UV Stabalized Plastic|
|Mounting||Wall or Pole Mounting Kit (Included)|
|Antenna Connector||External RP-SMA|
|Antenna||USA: (1) External, 5 dBi Omni Antenna (Included)
EU: (1) External, 2 dBi Omni Antenna (Included)
|Operating Frequency||2412-2462 MHz|
|Range||Indoor: Up to 200 m
Outdoor: Up to 500 m
|Max Power Consumption||8 Watts|
|Power Supply (PoE)||15V, 0.8A Power Adapter (Included)|
|Power Method||Passive Power over Ethernet (Pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 Return)|
|Operating Temperature||-20 to 70° C|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 95% Condensing|
|Shock and Vibration||ETSI300-019-1.4|
|Regulatory / Compliance Information|
|Wireless Approvals||FCC Part 15.247, IC RS210, CE|
|PicoStation M2-HP - Operating Frequency|
|Output Power||28 dBm|
|2.4 GHz TX Power Specifications||2.4 GHz RX Power Specifications|
|Modulation||Data Rate/MCS||Avg. TX||Tolerance||Modulation||Data Rate/MCS||Avg. TX||Tolerance|
|11b/g||1-24 Mbps||28 dBm||± 2 dB||11b/g||1-24 Mbps||-97 dBm||± 2 dB|
|36 Mbps||27 dBm||± 2 dB||36 Mbps||-80 dBm||± 2 dB|
|48 Mbps||26 dBm||± 2 dB||48 Mbps||-77 dBm||± 2 dB|
|54 Mbps||24 dBm||± 2 dB||54 Mbps||-75 dBm||± 2 dB|
|11n / AirMax||MCS0||28 dBm||± 2 dB||11n / AirMax||MCS0||-96 dBm||± 2 dB|
|MCS1||28 dBm||± 2 dB||MCS1||-95 dBm||± 2 dB|
|MCS2||28 dBm||± 2 dB||MCS2||-92 dBm||± 2 dB|
|MCS3||28 dBm||± 2 dB||MCS3||-90 dBm||± 2 dB|
|MCS4||27 dBm||± 2 dB||MCS4||-86 dBm||± 2 dB|
|MCS5||25 dBm||± 2 dB||MCS5||-83 dBm||± 2 dB|
|MCS6||24 dBm||± 2 dB||MCS6||-77 dBm||± 2 dB|
|MCS7||23 dBm||± 2 dB||MCS7||-74 dBm||± 2 dB|
Software to Easily Manage Devices and Reach Customers
AirOS is an intuitive, versatile, highly developed Ubiquiti firmware technology that resides on Ubiquiti Station products. It is exceptionally intuitive and was designed to require no training to operate. Behind the user interface is a powerful firmware architecture which enables hi-performance outdoor multipoint networking.
airOS Version 7
Sporting an all-new design for improved usability, airOS v7 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti airMAX ac products.
Powerful Wireless Features
- airMAX ac Protocol Support
- Long-Range Point-to-Point (PtP) Link Mode
- Selectable Channel Width
- PtP: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
- PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz
- Automatic Channel Selection
- Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual
- Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
- Strongest WPA2 Security
- Dynamic Configuration Changes
- Instant Input Validation
- HTML5 Technology
- Optimization for Mobile Devices
- Detailed Device Statistics
- Comprehensive Array of Diagnostic Tools, including Ethernet Cabling Test, RF Diagnostics, and airView Spectrum Analyzer
Advanced RF Analytics
airMAX ac devices feature a multi-radio architecture to power a revolutionary RF analytics engine.
An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which persistently analyzes the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide you with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
Data from the spectrum analysis and RF performance monitoring is displayed on the Main tab and airView Spectrum Analyzer of airOS V7.
The Main tab displays the following RF information:
- Persistent RF Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) constellation diagrams
- Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR) histograms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) time series plots
Persistent RF EVM Constellation Diagrams, CINR Histograms, and SNR Time Series
airMAX ac devices have an additional dedicated radio persistently analyzing the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide operators with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
Constellation Diagrams and CINR Histograms
SNR Time Series Plots
airOS Integrated Technologies
airMAX – Provides superior wireless performance, more clients per Access Point (AP), and lower latency. Unlike standard WiFi protocol, Ubiquiti's Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send & receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This "time slot" method eliminates hidden node collisions & maximizes air time efficiency. It provides many magnitudes of performance improvements in latency, throughput, & scalability.
- Access Point
Wireless Network Configuration
- airMAX Mode
- airSelect Mode
- Long Range PtP Link Mode
- Mixed IEEE 802.11 Mode (A/N or B/G/N)
- WDS (Transparent Bridge Mode)
- Selectable Channel Width: 2/3/5/8/10/20/25/30/40 MHz
- Auto Channel Selection
- Channel Shifting
- Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual
- Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
- SSID Broadcast Disabling
- Wireless Access Control List
- Wireless Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2
- Wireless Client Isolation
- Adjustable Aggregation Frames/Bytes
- Administrator/Read-Only Access
- Location: Latitude and Longitude
- Signal LED Indication Level Management
- WEB/SSH/Telnet Access
- Block Management Access
- Dynamic DNS
- NTP Client
- Ping Watchdog
- SNMP v1 Support
- System Log: Local/Remote
- Full Statistical Performance Reporting
- Transparent Layer 2 Bridge
- SOHO Router
- Automatic check for airOS Updates
- Configuration Test Mode
- Firmware Recovery via TFTP
- Reset to Factory Defaults
- Configuration Management: Backup/Restore
- Simple/Advanced Configuration Mode
- Multiple VLANs Support
- Multiple Bridge Support
- DHCP Server/Client/Relay
- DNS Proxy
- Adjustable MTU
- PPPoE Client
- IP Aliasing: Auto/Static
- Fallback IP Support: DHCP/PPPoE
- MAC Address Cloning
- Port Forwarding (NAPT)
- Masquerading (NAT)
- Static Routing
- Multicast Routing
- Firewall: Layer 2/IPv4/IP-P2P
- Traffic Shaping: Ingress/Egress
Spectrum Analyzer by Ubiquiti Networks
signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference. airView performs the following functions:
- Constantly monitors environmental noise
- Collects energy data points in real-time spectral views
- Helps optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performance
airView runs in the background without disabling the wireless link, so there is no disruption to the network.
In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents different data.
- Waterfall Aggregate energy collected for each frequency
- Waveform Aggregate energy collected
- Ambient Noise Level Background noise energy shown as a function of frequency
Available with a firmware upgrade to airOS v7.1, airView provides powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.
This time-based graph shows the aggregate energy collected since the start of an AirView session, over time for each frequency. The power of the energy in dBm is shown across the frequency span and one row is inserted in this graph every few seconds.
It is important to note that the color of the energy designates its amplitude. The darker colors (Blues and darker shades) mean very low to low energy levels at that frequency bin, whereas increasingly brighter colors (ie: Green, Yellow, Orange, and finally Red) designate increasingly higher energy levels at the specific frequency bin.
The Waterfall View's legend (top-right corner) provides a numerical guide associating the various colors to power levels (dBm). The low end of that legend (left) is always adjusted with the calculated noise floor, and the high end (right) is set to the highest detected power level since the start of the session.
Channel Usage Chart
This graph is ideal for determining the best channel to setup a WiFi network for optimal performance. In the graph, each 2.4GHz WiFi channel is represented by a bar displaying a percentage representing the relative "crowdedness" of that specific channel.This percentage is calculated by analyzing both the popularity and the strength of RF energy in that channel since the start of a AirView session. An installer could use this view to optimize a network installation by avoiding highly used channels and setting up new AP's on channels showing the least usage.
This graph shows the aggregate energy collected since the start of an AirView Session. The power of the energy in dBm is shown across the frequency span. A Blue color will mean energy at a particular strength and frequency appears in the air with a relatively low occurence, whereas increasingly brighter colors (ie: Green, Yellow, Orange, and finally Red) designate energy appearing at a specific power/frequency with higher occurrence. The spectral view over time will essentially display the steady-state RF energy signature of a given environment. An installer could use this view to optimize a network installation by avoiding highly used channels and setting up new AP's on channels showing the least usage.
This graph displays a traditional Spectrum Analyzer in which energy (in dBm) is shown real-time as a function of frequency. There are three traces in this view: Max Hold, this trace will update and hold maximum power levels across the frequency since the start of an AirView session. Average, this trace shows the running average energy across frequency. Real-time, this trace shows the real-time energy seen by the AirView device as a function of frequency.
Centrally Manage 1000s of Ubiquiti Devices
AirControl is a powerful and intuitive web based server network management application which allows operators to centrally manage entire networks of Ubiqutii devices.
- Network Map - View access points and stations on a Google Road, Terrain, or Satellite Picture Map to aid in installation planning. Export to KML.
- Monitor Device Status - View status, information, and statistics of devices managed by AirControl on customizable and easy-to-read graphs.
- Mass Firmware Upgrade - Upgrade individual devices or groups of devices with synchronization for wireless association dependency.
- Web UI Access - Access the AirControl user interface through a web browser (HTTP or HTTPS); no installation is required on the client.
- Manage Groups of Devices - User-defined, dynamic, and auto device groups provide easy navigation and device management.
- Task Scheduling - Schedule tasks such as firmware update, reboot, IP range scan, device configuration backups, ping watchdog and custom commands execution.
Powerfully scale your business with airCRM, a suite of WISP applications that help you manage your business. To sign up for the public beta, visit: aircrm.ubnt.com
Provision, monitor, and manage all devices from a central interface. Enjoy quicker deployments, healthier networks, and faster customer service response times.
Use airCRM Control to perform the following tasks:
- Upgrade firmware
- Manage passwords
- Monitor and analyze network traffic
- Manage devices
A streamlined billing and customer management solution delivers automated invoicing, payment reminders, and credit card processing with Authorize.Net.
Use airCRM Billing to perform the following tasks:
- Create invoices
- Manage accounts
- Enable a customer portal
- Generate detailed reports
Protect your networks from the most brutal environments with Ubiquiti's industrialgrade shielded ethernet cable, TOUGHCable.
- Increase Performance - Dramatically improve your ethernet link states, speeds, and overall performance with Ubiquiti TOUGHCables.
- Extreme Weatherproof - TOUGHCables have been built to perform even in the harshest weather and environments.
- ESD Damage Protection - Protect your networks from devastating electrostatic discharge (ESD) attacks.
- Extended Cable Support - TOUGHCables have been developed to have increased power handling performance for extended cable run lengths.
Bulletproof your networks
TOUGHCable is currently available in two versions: PRO Shielding Protection and CARRIER Shielding Protection.
TOUGHCable PRO is a Category 5e, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable with an integrated ESD drain wire.
TOUGHCable CARRIER is a Category 6, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable that features an integrated ESD drain wire, anti-crosstalk divider, and secondary shielding. It is rated to provide optimal performance on Gigabit Ethernet networks.
- 24 AWG copper conductor pairs
- 26 AWG integrated ESD drain wire to prevent ESD attacks and damage
- PE outdoor-rated, weatherproof jacket
- Multi-layered shielding
- Available in lengths of 1000 ft (304.8 m)
Specifically designed for use with Ubiquiti TOUGHCable, TOUGHCable Connectors protect against ESD attacks and Ethernet hardware damage, while allowing rapid field deployment without soldering. The standard TOUGHCable Connectors are available in a box of 100, while the TC-GND versions include ground wires and are available in a box of 20.
|ESD attacks are the leading cause for device failures. The diagram below illustrates the areas vulnerable to ESD attacks in a network.||By using a grounded Ubiquiti Power over Ethernet (PoE) Adapter along with Ubiquiti TOUGHCable and TOUGHCable Connectors, you can effectively protect against ESD attacks.|
Advanced Gigabit PoE Managed Switch
Introducing the Advanced Power over Ethernet Controllers, TOUGHSwitch™ PoE from Ubiquiti Networks. TOUGHSwitch PoE delivers reliable passive PoE and fast 10/100/1000 Mbps connectivity to attached Ubiquiti devices and other devices that support passive PoE.
To connect your PoE devices, simply enable PoE in the easy-to-use TOUGHSwitch Confi guration Interface. Each port can be individually confi gured to provide PoE, so both PoE and non-PoE devices can be connected.
Simplify Your Deployment
TOUGHSwitch PoE allows network architects to design cleaner, less cluttered deployments. For example, integrating one TOUGHSwitch PoE PRO can eliminate the need for the following:
- 8 PoE adapters
- 8 power cords
- 8 power outlets
- 8 Ethernet patch cables
TOUGHSwitch PoE deployments increase efficiency and greatly reduce potential failure points - resulting in faster installations and less maintenance and troubleshooting.
Download the Ubiquiti PicoStation M2-HP Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $135.00
Get a Quote!
Our Price: $55.00