Ubiquiti airFiber 11FX
5 GHz Full Duplex Point-to-Point Gigabit Radio
Ubiquiti Networks continues to disrupt the wireless broadband market with revolutionary technology at breakthrough pricing, by introducing the airFiber® AF‑11FX, a radio purpose-built for outdoor PtP bridging and carrier-class network backhauls using the licensed 11 GHz radio band. The AF‑11FX breaks free from the congested 5 GHz band to help meet the growing need for broadband capacity. For maximum flexibility, the airFiber AF‑11FX works with the Ubiquiti® AF-11G35 antenna, or with most third-party antennas using an optional adapter kit (not included).
The AF-11FX gives exceptional performance compared to other 11 GHz radios in its price range. Unlike other products that use adaptations of Wi-Fi-based designs, the AF-11FX is specially engineered for the 11 GHz band, with a custom modem and radio design optimized for the efficient transport of data. Specific advantages of the AF‑11FX include:
- True Full-Duplex Design - The AF‑11FX offers a true FDD solution that fully satisfies all licensing requirements for the 11 GHz band.
- Ultra-Low Latency - Overall customer experience and system capacity are enhanced with FDD performance.
- Enhanced Robustness - The AF‑11FX features a unique, built-in, rain-fade mitigation strategy for increased link robustness.
- Extended Range - The RF power amplifiers feature a unique bias scheme, allowing high-order constellations at longer ranges.
- Optimized Channels - The airFiber AF‑11FX can use single (SISO) or bonded (MIMO)* channels, depending on your specific licensing requirements. The AF‑11FX also features different channel width sizes to suit your deployment needs, and you can independently configure TX and RX channel frequencies.
- Reconfigurable Duplexers - The AF-11FX features a unique modular duplexer design to suit multiple frequency configurations. Each AF-11FX radio can be configured to support any allowable frequency by simply changing the duplexers (sold separately) for high‑band or low‑band use in the 10.7 - 11.7 GHz allocation. Each duplexer has a low channel and a high channel that can be configured by simply reversing the position of the duplexer.
- Highest Performance Value - The compact AF-11FX supports high-order constellations – up to 1024QAM – allowing it to deliver the greatest spectral efficiency in its class.
Ubiquiti’s INVICTUS™ 2 custom silicon and proprietary radio architecture are designed specifically for long-distance, outdoor wireless applications, providing superior performance, long-range capability, and higher delivered throughput.
- Power Source Options - Support for PoE or DC power gives
you the flexibility to power the
AF-11FX separately from Ethernet
- PoE power can be supplied on the DATA port, using the provided PoE adapter.
- DC power can be supplied using the terminal block.
- Versatile, Ruggedized N-Type Connectors - N-connectors allow the AF‑11FX to be used with either the Ubiquiti AF‑11G35 antenna or a variety of commonly available antennas. Specially designed silicone boots provide a weatherproof barrier against dust and moisture.
Ubiquiti offers the AF-11G35 antenna, specially designed for the AF‑11FX radio, so that installation requires no special tools. The AF‑11G35 comes preconfigured with V/H polarization, and can be configured to support ± 45° slant polarization for improved noise immunity and Signal‑to‑Noise Ratio (SNR), dependent on regulatory region.
|Dimensions||327 x 112 x 86 mm (12.87 x 4.41 x 3.39")|
|Weight||2.260 kg (5 lb)|
|RF Connectors||(4) SMA Weatherproof:
TX 0, RX 0 (Chain 0) and TX 1, RX 1 (Chain 1)
(2) N-Type Waterproof, One per Duplexer
|Power Supply||50VDC, 1.2A PoE Gigabit Adapter (Included)|
|Power Method||Passive Power over Ethernet Pins 1, 2, 4, 5 (+) and Pins 7, 8, 3, 6 (-) or DC Power Block|
|Max. Power Consumption||36W|
|Supported Voltage Range||38-56VDC|
|Automatic Transmit Power Control (ATPC)||Yes|
|Mounting||Integrated Pole Mount Included
Oversized Rocket Mount Compatible
|LEDs||(8) Status LEDs:
Data Port Link/Activity
Management Port Link/Activity
(4) Autoscaling Signal Strength Bar Graph
|Operating Temperature||-40 to 55° C (-40 to 131° F)|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|
|AF‑11FX Networking Interface|
|Data Port||(1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Port|
|Management Port||(1) 10/100 Ethernet Port|
|Processor||INVICTUS 2 IC|
|Maximum Throughput||1.2+ Gbps|
|Maximum Range||300+ km|
|Latency - Full Duplex Mode||less than 200 µs at Full Throughput|
|MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit)||Up to 9600|
|10x (1024QAM)||18 dBm|
|8x (256QAM)||21 dBm|
|6x (64QAM)||24 dBm|
|4x (16QAM)||30 dBm|
|2x (4QAM)||30 dBm|
|1x (QPSK)||30 dBm|
|Low-Band Duplexer||Low Channel: 10.700 to 10.955 GHz
High Channel : 11.200 to 11.445 GHz
|High-Band Duplexer||Low Channel : 10.940 to 11.200 GHz
High Channel : 11.440 to 11.700 GHz
Download the Ubiquiti airFiber 11FX Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.